Training Resources for Job Seekers
Are you looking for new skills? Do you need training? Find out about no-fee employment and training services available where you live.
Scholarships are available through the SC Works Centers WIOA Program.
Call us today at (864) 643-0071 (TTY 711) to find out if you can receive scholarship money for training.
What Types of Training Are Available?
The SC Works Centers offer three types of training to qualified customers:
- Basic Training – Obtain a GED or strengthen your basic math, English, or reading skills.
- Occupational/Vocational Training – Become trained in skills in that are needed for jobs in demand today.
- On-the-Job Training – Become trained by a local employer in skills needed for a particular job through on-the-job training programs or apprenticeship opportunities.
In addition to this, your local SC Works Center offers workshops on interview skills, applying for financial aid, job search techniques, and writing a résumé. Topics vary based on location.
What Kind of Training Do I Need?
Not sure what kind of training you need? Contact your nearest SC Works Center for a no-fee skills assessment.
In the meantime, explore which jobs have a promising future, which ones offer better pay, and which ones have the most openings.
- Check out MyNextMove.
- Explore Labor Market Information for jobs available where you live.
Where Can I Get Training?
Find Eligible Training Providers in South Carolina.
The Eligible Training Provider List is the most comprehensive and only statewide source that lists qualified training providers, including locations, fees, programs, occupations, and apprenticeship programs. Your local SC Works Center can help you identify eligible schools for training.
Are Scholarships or Funding Available to Help Pay for Training?
WIOA Program Information & Training Scholarships
If you are interested in working with a Career Coach or in finding out more about training scholarships, WIOA Services are available in-person and by phone.
Attend an SC Works Orientation. Click HERE to find out how to sign up.
Call a Career Coach near you today:
|Career Coaches||Phone Number|
|Anderson SC Works||(864) 508-0214 and (864) 499-1624|
|Clemson & Easley SC Works||(864) 364-0579|
|Seneca SC Works||(864) 207-6719|
|All voice telephone numbers may be reached using TTY/TTD equipment via the South Carolina Relay service at 711.|
Learn more about WIOA and Training Scholarships
- WIOA Program Description Handout
- WIOA Next Steps – Application Documentation
- WIOA Assessment Flyer
- WIOA Scholarship Flyer
- WIOA Training Options – some training programs may be on hold due to COVID-19 restrictions
- Online Training Options – online training programs currently offered
- Open House at Tri-County Technical College – now available virtually
If you are already working with a Career Coach, please call them to find out about Your Next Steps.
Trade Adjustment Assistance Act – Assists workers who have lost their job or have reduced hours due to increased imports.
Veterans Employment and Training Programs – Assists Veterans and those transitioning from military service into civilian work.
Other funding resources may be available through these partners
- Adult Education
- Anderson Interfaith Ministries
- Goodwill Industries
- SC Vocational Rehabilitation
- Tri-County Technical College